Friday, June 14, 2013

Poppy fields and desert blooms

Because it's summer break and there is no school, the day is filled with entertaining two little people.  And then work, the one that pays me every two weeks.  It's all good, I am not complaining.  I am explaining why I haven't really been crafting and creating as many new things as I would like.
But I work well under pressure.  There is a few deadlines approaching for some submissions I'd like to send off so I've made it a priority that I take an hour or two in a day to come up with something new.
Here are the results:


The colorful things are zentangle designs on shrinky dink, that I colored, baked and then stitched on layers of fabric.  I used a few embroidery stitches for added texture.  I finished two (the ones above), and I have a  head full of ideas for two more.  So I am back in my craft room. 

No comments: