Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pausing for a moment

I am learning to be able to tell myself to take a break, and that it's ok to take a break.  In the last couple of weeks working a few extra hours along with the heat and taking care of the kids/house, has left me exhausted.  I felt sick last night, and decided that working overtime till midnight wasn't worth it.
This morning I slept in till a bit past 8am and I feel recharged.
I wanted to share a picture of a plant that I nursed and just recently replanted it in some soil.  Maggie and I found a little snip of a plant on the parking lot at the grocery store.  I had it in a cup of water for the longest time, and it finally grew some roots.  I planted it in a pot, and added a little statue of mother with a baby, that Helen, my mother-in-law, gave me a few years ago.  The kids broke the bottom stand.  I couldn't bear to throw it away, it has a sweet poem on the back.  I kept it and it was a perfect addition to my pot and the plant.

No comments: