Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Crafting with kids

The school in my neighborhood where my kids go has a summer program that provides school kids with free breakfast and lunch for the entire summer break.  In between breakfast and lunch there are activities, crafts, games etc.  The last two summers I took the kids every once in a while,  but this time around I offered to teach some crafts.
Yesterday was my first day, and with Father's Day approaching the program already had it on their schedule to make cards.  I was helping them make envelopes.


Photo: From today craft time with the kids at the school.
With cell phones in their hands the handful of 10-11 years old kids who decided to craft were amazed that a person can make an envelope.  And that you can use an old road map to make them.  They had fun.

No comments: