Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday night Blues

Most of my days are routine:
  • get up
  • eat breakfast
  • feed the kids
  • dress the kids
  • water my garden
  • play with the kids, maybe go to the park
  • make lunch
  • get ready for work
  • go to work
  • work
  • go home, maybe relax if the kids are asleep
  • go to bed
Of course there are beautiful moments that come spontaneously in the daily routine, but here is a little something that is so unimportant, but as a busy mom it's almost the highlight of my week that I know for sure I can look forward to and it will happen without anything interfering with it:
I look forward for the 20 minute drive back from work on Sunday nights when I can listen to NPR (KJZZ 91.5) Sunday night Blues and no one or nothing will interrupt it.  This is the time when red lights are welcome.  I drive the speed limit, no rush.  I roll the windows down, no A/C.  Just the warm Arizona air, me and the Sunday night Blues.  

1 comment:

Crazy About Ukraine said...

Sounds nice! We all need relaxing moments like that.