Wednesday, May 09, 2012

The cowboy on stilts

The thing I like about big cities like New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago is that you get to see all kinds of characters just walking down the street.  Phoenix has somewhat of that but not nearly as much.  And Chandler where we are at the only interesting street characters you may see are the people holding signs for a local business.  Occasionally dressed in say 'Uncle Sam' costume advertising a local Tax/CPA business.
It's not every day that you see a cowboy on stilts.  But there he was, a mere mile from my house advertising the local SwapMart.  He was dancing and shaking his booty, and had the biggest smile on his face.  I felt so lucky when the light turned red and I  had to stop and get a better look at him.  I rolled the window down and realized that he had a boom box blasting music and he was singing.  I scrambled to get my video camera on the phone and felt so disappointed when the light turned green and I had to move.  I only got a picture of him, no video.

No comments: