Saturday, May 05, 2012

Planting cookies in the garden

I finally found time to replant the vegetables and herbs we bought for my garden.  David nailed the 2x4 together to make a box, we put in dirt and my garden is ready to grow.  I've attempted gardening in the past, it has not worked for me mainly because the desert is not forgiving about my forgetfulness.  One day of not watering your garden and your crops are dead.  I've been reading 'Animal, Vegetable, Miracle' by Barbara Kingsolver and it has really inspired me to make it work this time.
 
So this morning after breakfast Maggie and I went in the back yard and started planting.  We have zuccini, cucumber, two types of tomatoes (one is cherry tomatoes, mmm), watermelon, parsley, mint and basil. 
Maggie told me to make sure I plant cookies too.  I asked her what kind, and she said yummy cookies.

No comments: