Friday, May 18, 2012

Love Is

During my college years I worked at the college library and at the end of the week when they would discard the newspapers from that week, I'd get them before they were gone and cut out the Love Is cartoons.
http://www.wellhappypeaceful.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/love-is-necessity.jpg
I was looking through some boxes recently and found a stack of them. I am not sure what to do with them, but I am not ready to part with them. 

It's not right to keep them in a box.  It's not right to seal their fate in the recycle bin.  I thought about making a mixed media piece with them.  I thought about starting a journal and using them in it.  Actually that sounded like the best place for them, but I haven't been able to find what I need inside me to start a journal.  It's like I am afraid to ruin a perfectly blank piece of paper.

For now they are back in the box.  And the ones in this post are not it, these I found by searching on Google.

No comments: