Thursday, February 02, 2012

My daughter the artist

One of my daughter's favorite things to do is to painting.  She mostly likes watercolors and constantly asks me for more water. When she was just a little baby I got an easel at a garage sale behind our house.  It sat unused for a long time, but in the last year it has become one of her favorite.
I let her paint in my craft room while I work on whatever I am working.  It makes it easy to keep an eye on her, while she keeps an eye on her paints and paper.  And blessed be the dollar store, because she goes through a set of watercolors in just a couple of days.
This easel came with a roll of butcher paper, and at one point I was saving everything she painted.  But I started feeling like a packrat, although I didn't have the heart to dispose of her work.  Eventually I did get rid of a lot of stuff, but here are a couple I kept.  These are actually fairly new, she made them in the last week or so.  I think they are pretty cool.
This first one is supposedly a self portrait.  All right?!

This second one she said she was painting snails.  Hmmmm I think maybe...ok sure I see the snails.

No comments: