Friday, September 14, 2012

Ridiculous pictures of the foreign kid

A kind hearted co-worker recently shaved her head as part of a fundraiser for childhood cancer.  Her hair has grown an inch or two since then.  When I see her I am reminded of a time when I too had very short hair.  My co-worker wanted to see some pictures, and I finally dug them out.
Some of you may recognize me, others will never believe this short hair kid is me.  This was 16-17 years, when I was 16 or 17.  I was an exchange student in Virgina, and as a joke sometime I was called the foreign kid.
In this picture below, a hair coloring accident made my hair black.  Luckily I used to get it cut every month, so my dark hair stage was short lived.







But my short hair stage lasted several years.  I am trying to remember the real reason that I decided to grow it long:
1. Moving to Nebraska in the middle of winter with short hair, brrrr it was cold.
2. Being mistaken for a little boy occasionally.
3. Needed a change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful short or long!

Terri said...

Either way you are beautiful. I love how curly your hair is. That is just me. I WANT!