Sunday, September 02, 2012

Giving life to trash

I was making envelopes from old road maps and some ledger paper I found at the thrift store.  Maggie was excited.  I was teaching her to write letters and send them in the mail.  Not many people do that today.  I think it can be very rewarding for both, the person that writes it, and the person that receives it.

Then I came across these little cardboard boxes from a 4x5 film that my husband occasionally uses.  They were going in the recycling bin.  The shape and the thickness of them intrigued me, I tried to fit the envelopes that I had made few days ago.  Perfect fit!!! 

So I made some stationary boxes for the envelopes to go in.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SO MULTI TALENTED. WE NEED MORE LIKE YOU

Jeree said...

Very nice! You are also teaching Maggie to look at items and be creative. How wonderful! Bravo!