Saturday, December 17, 2011

Grass Angels

It's hard to think that my kids have never seen snow falling.  It should not be so surprising to me, we live in the desert after all.  This week I went to my son's school to help out in the classroom and they were playing with fake snow.  It was strange, it felt like styrofoam, but it was wet and it wasn't melting at the normal rate that real snow would melt.  I am not sure how I feel about it all.  Growing up winter was one of the funnest seasons.  I remember building forts, having snow ball fights and all the usual snow games kids play.  I also love skiing.  I love a lot of things about winter, except the shoveling snow part and the really really cold days.  So I do feel lucky that I don't live in a place that I'd have to see the real face of winter.  But my poor kids....
Here they are making grass angels, instead of snow angels.

No comments: