Thursday, October 17, 2013

NYC

Well...what started as a funny statement by my son, ended up to a trip in New York city.  A few months ago, he was drinking chocolate milk from a cup that had a picture of the Statue of Liberty.  He said: 'mom, New York City, I am gonna go there in December'.
And so they have been on fall break for the last three weeks.  And I had vacation too.  If you recall, I was going to make a trip to my home country.  And because I once again could not afford a trip home, and couldn't cancel my vacation from work, it seemed as a good surprise to take the kids to New York City. 

'Watch the gap' - I said this over and over to my kids, who kept forgetting to be careful around train and subway platforms.  No one got hurt, so it's all good.


The Macedonian flag in front of the ice skating rink at Rockefeller Center.


Kids amaze me, because you place them in a playground with other kids, and pretty soon they have made friends.  Why can't adults do that?  Why do we shy away and barely look at other people who we don't know?

On our way to the Lego store at Rockefeller Center, I noticed this reflection of a building across the street.  I though it was neat.

Coney Island. 




Times Square.

No comments: