Monday, July 22, 2013

Monsoons!

We've had several storms in the last couple of weeks, but somehow I am never at the place where the storm is.  That changed on Saturday, when I stepped out to go to the airport to pick up my husband.
There was a warm but eerie glow on the front patio when I opened the door.  I looked up and the sky was heavenly.

But there was something brewing in the back.  I turned around and my house was engulfed in dark heavy clouds.



It poured hard.  I barely could drive at 35mph on the freeway.  Lightning was everywhere.  Maggie counted every time she'd see a bolt light up the sky.  Then she fell asleep in the car.
We waited a little bit at the airport as there where multiple delays, but husband got home safely and that's all that matters.


1 comment:

Crazy About Ukraine said...

Whoa! Glad everyone is okay!