Saturday, July 20, 2013

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometime when life gives you an opportunity that you are petty certain it won't come again, you gotta go for it.  Even if that means that you have to take the risk of getting stuck at an airport with two little kids (which I didn't luckly).
So this is what happened:
Few weeks ago I found out that a friend that I grew up with in Macedonia, that I've known since I was about 8 yrs old, is in Seattle.  He was there for work and was staying only for a few weeks.  Being on the same continent with someone you grew up with, it's not something that happens to me every day.  I knew I had to make it happen especially since I work for the airline that calls Seattle its hub (Alaska Air).

I was off this Friday (yesterday) and noticed that I needed one person to oversleep and miss their 620am flight to give me enough seats for me and my kids.  I took the chance, and I got on the flight.  The last 3 open seats.

Seeing someone from my childhood, was almost like going home.  And it was even better that I can introduce my kids to an old friend.  This was special to me to show my kids to someone I knew when I was a kid.  My friend took us to the beach (who knew Seattle was a beach destination) where we all had a great time playing in the water, running, playing hide and seek and having a picnic on the grass.

I must have exhausted them, because when I took them to get something to eat at a nearby mall, they fell asleep on the table before they got food.

I wished the day had more than 24hrs to better catch up with my friend.  I changed my flight from 7pm to 9pm which gave us time for a cold beer to wrap up the day.  It wasn't 'Skopsko pivo' (Skopsko beer), but we opened it with a bottle opener from Skopje.  Good enough!
Cheers!!!!







No comments: