Monday, May 13, 2013

Zentangle turned into Zen-shrinkies

I've been preoccupied with a new skill I learned from a workshop I took last week: Zentangle.  Zentangle is a drawing technique of repeating patterns.  It seemed easy enough, so I gave it a try.  It was a success!  I have been seeing patterns everywhere since the class.  I've been drawing and experimenting with the technique.  And it is how I got addicted to what I like to call Zen-shrinkies.
You know I like to use shrinky dinks in many of my projects.  So I tried to see what will happen if I draw zentangle desings on shrinky dink plastic and bake it.  I added color using pencils.  And I've been totally consumed in zen-shrinkies.
I turned them into rings too.
I added my original practice drawings I did in class, to my craft only blog: Stitch Play
 

No comments: