Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Craft Rave in my own city

It's official! I will participate in Phoenix Craft Rave on Nov. 17, 2pm till 12 midnight.
What's Craft Rave you ask? Well I've never been to one even as an attendee, much less as a crafter teaching a craft. The idea is that you teach a quick craft for people to make and take home. I met one of the organizers some weeks ago, a lovely and talented artist Cyndi Coon. She and our local famous crafter CraftyChica are behind the event. Cyndi talked me into participating, or rather she encouraged me. Now that it's official, I am feeling nervous. I am not sure what it is. I probably just need to get some sleep and I will get over it. It's gonna be all right, and more important it's gonna be fun to be amongst 'my own kind'.

So I will be teaching two crafts, both how to make rings using different techniques:
1. Fabric Rings - making rings out of fabric. You get to decorate your own fabric using stamps.

2. Shrinky Dink Rings - use shrink plastic to make rings. You also use stamps for this technique to decorate your plastic, then bake it to shrink.


1 comment:

Terri said...

You will do great! Your talent is telling! Have fun, make them laugh. Wish I could be there. Take some pics! love ya