Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Macedonia Pt. 4 - Т'га за југ - Longing for the South

When I remember all the pretty flowers, growing wild in fields, on the mountains, on the sidewalk cracks....a variety of them, I don't even know their names.....then I feel this longing for the south.  And going through my photos I took with my cell phone reminded me of that longing and of the poem "Tga za jug" ,by Konstantin Miladinov where he too was longing for the South and Macedonia while he was studying in Moscow.

Тамо зората греит душата 
и с'нце светло зајдвит в' гората;
тамо дарбите природна сила
со с'та раскош ги растурила:
бистро езеро гледаш белеит,
и си од ветар сино темнеит;
поле погледнеш или планина,
сегде божева е хубавина.

Tamo zorata greit dushata,
i snce svetlo zajdvit v gorata;
tamo darbite prirodna sila,
so sta raskos gi rasturila:
bistro ezero gledash beleit,
i si od vetar sino temneit:
pole poglednish, ili planina
sgde bozheva je hubavina.

Translation (not mine, I took it from the link I provided above):
                          There dawn warms the soul;
                       there faith - with natural vigor
                     gifts had spread with majestic splendor:
                       serene lake turns crystal-clear,
                      and the breeze disturbs this clear;
                       see the field or mountain-range,
                        everywhere God's beauty gauge.
















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Vesna, just beautiful! Can't thank you enough for sharing this adventure.