Monday, November 11, 2013

You can't please everyone

The hardest lesson for me to learn: You can't please everyone, so you gotta please yourself.
I keep on practicing this lesson, and it gets easier, it's sinking in a tiny bit at a time.  The guilt I used to feel when I tried to make everyone happy, and it wasn't good enough for them, that guilt is not nearly the size it used to be.  In a nutshell, the last few weeks, it seems that the only thing that my family members have in common is me.  And displeased with each other, they all turn to me, as if I have to take a side.  A terrible place for me to be in, leaving everyone maybe more displeased than they were before.  What's a girl, a wife, a mother, a daughter to do?
Well....I just breathe, deep, and exhale loud, as if I were making wind and sweeping all the troubles away.  And I do wish I could find a place to hide and cry, but instead I get up, I show up, I am there, doing the only thing I can do: doing my best one minute at a time.
And I also wished I was a bird, or had wings to fly up to these beautiful blue skies and look at the world below and whisper: it's gonna be OK.



No comments: