Friday, March 01, 2013

Happy March 1st

It's March 1st and a beautiful day in Chandler, sunny and clear blue skies.  I put on a bright, green, beautiful dress this morning, made out of eyelet lace.  It's probably more suitable for St. Patrick's celebration than March 1st, but I wanted to wear something pretty and inspiring, and this green dress seemed to fit my mood well. 
I have a list of things to accomplish, some crafty (working on some St. Patrick's stuff), other require crafty skills but no creativity (making curtains for our movie room).  I also have a list of people whose birthday I missed days and weeks ago and I am working on some gifts to mail.
Happy March 1st!!  

Martinki (photo above) - on March 1st in Eastern European countries people give & receive martinki which are supposed to bring health and happiness in the coming days.  The martinki above were given to me by my Bulgarian friend Lora.  However Maggie and I were making martinki bracelets this morning, which is the Macedonian version of martinki.

No comments: