Thursday, August 23, 2012

60/40

60/40 is a type of solder that I like a whole lot better than 50/50.  From a chemical standpoint these two differ in the proportion of tin/lead they each contain.  From my standpoint 60/40 flows better, sets in quicker and shinier.
50/50 is cheaper, so I started with that because I needed practice and didn't want to spend a whole lot of money.  I struggled with it a bit and kept thinking I am doing something wrong, until I met again with my friend Josie, who taught me how to solder in the first place.  I discovered that it's my solder and not me doing something wrong.
And here I am working on some stuff for a crafty party this Saturday.  The theme of the party is 'Wish you were here' so I used an old airplane paper ticket to embellish these charms.  They are ready to be soldered in the picture below.

No comments: