Saturday, April 19, 2014

This week

After a week of getting up at 430am, in order to be at work at 6am, today (Saturday) I got up at 7am and felt like I had slept in. I have less than 3 weeks for Junk in the Trunk, a vintage-handmade fair here in Phoenix.  Last year my friend Karen invited me.  She had a booth, selling her handmade work as well as vintage supplies.  I decided to participate this year and get a booth too.  It felt great to get accepted, and now I feel like a nervous wreck trying to get it all together.  I don't think I will have as much work made, as I wanted too.  I sometimes feel that I get myself involved in too many events.  On one hand it makes my life interesting, and exciting.  On the other hand I feel like I am running a mad woman race and I never get a glimpse of how far away I am from the finish line.

This week my Maggie and I were working with watercolors.  She is always much braver than me.  I let my brain think to much and get stuck on what to do, where to start.  While I was putting fearful little circles of water and trying to blend in some color, she was bold and brave and full of color.  I wasn't sure what to do, past the pitiful circles, so I filled in the blank with zentangle.
 
This week I also picked up a couple more rolls of washi tape.  I really like this colorful tape.  I know I am not the only one.  Here is Maggie's washi tape artful card.

 
I counted 20 rolls of washi tape.  Is that too much?  Nahhh
 
And here there are at McDonald's munching.  I took a break and had an apple pie and coffee.

No comments: