Saturday, December 28, 2013

Arcosanti

I've been under a little stress lately, with work, family and probably the big city life style.  In times like this I seek nature.  It's how I ground myself and attempt to get balanced.  Last week we went to the Boyce Thompson Arboretum.  This week Arcosanti.  It's been a while since I've been to Arcosanti, an urban laboratory about 1.5hr drive from Phoenix, just outside of Cordes Junction on I-17 North.  Being thousand of miles and an ocean away from home, Arcosanti is the only place I know that feels like home to me.  It's the raw nature, it reminds me of a home my grandparents own in Macedonia.  Outside of town, with just nature and hills, and dirt and rocks and weeds.  No fancy landscaping, just nature the way it was created originally.  You can live there, in Arcosanti, and if it was entirely up to me, I'd be moving there tomorrow.  But there are others to consider and for now I am back home in our house on North Jay Street. 

No comments: