Thursday, September 26, 2013

Solder, instead of resin


I've had a busy week at work on a early morning shift.  I haven't worked a morning shift in many years, so it's a bit of an adjustment to my daily routine.  It's not a permanent change, so I am trying not to get too used to it.

Here is something I did last week on my day off.  I drew and colored some zentangle designs.  I tried to keep a desert-in-bloom theme.  I would have liked to work with some resin, but I haven't had the time to devote to it to learn or mess with it.  Therefore I solder.  I used glass gems again, that are used usually for floral decorations.  They are great in that they distort the image somewhat, making it larger than it is.  The hard part for me has been that I've had to use two glass gems to sandwich my images in between so I can copper tape them together, then solder them.  This makes them a bit bulky.  But guess what, I found out that you can buy copper sheets.  This may work better, as I can tape my image on to the sheet, then leave extra edge to wrap/tape around the gem. 


No comments: