Saturday, February 09, 2013

Valen-time

Maggie calls Valentine's Day, Valen-time.  And this year on Valen-time, it will be time to deliver my Christmas present to the kids.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi4FSUIG9xgnHrHpv52G6RjeOgZATjRqybMLhSO5viEDH6dEyIY-2FWmcVF0U2IPU15ttAvCOJaWGw1jFIpAgVK47U2_1YscIn9NTTx2u5ad9xqejfNsa9l6vd5c34aGgP-CPMrgQ/s1600/BlueBirdValentineVintageGraphicsFairy.jpg
A couple of Christmases ago I started giving 'experience' gifts to my kids, rather than buying stuff.  Last year we went to Knott's Berry Farm.  This year as I struggled to find the right fun trip, I noticed that the band Eels is going on a tour.  And The Eels is Patrick and Maggie's favorite band.
We were on a trip to the Grand Canyon in the fall of 2011 when they got familiar with the Eels.  David had bought Mr. E's book 'Things the grandchildren should know' on Audible, and to keep myself awake while driving I listened to it.  Upon returning home they started asking me to play Uncle E's music.  I am not sure where they got Uncle E, but they've called him that ever since.
So this Thursday, Valen-time's Day, we are going to drive to California, visit a real uncle, my uncle Pavel in Palm Springs, and then drive to Santa Ana to see Mr. E perform with his band The Eels.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Say hi to Pavel and " Mr. E " from me! Cute!